University Centre Sparsholt presents “Today’s Technology: Optimising Equestrian Performance” – a research colloquium on Friday 16th February 2018 (9.30am – 18.30pm).
Guest speakers will include:
- Dr. David Marlin, a leading researcher in the field of equine exercise physiology (click here to watch the excellent ‘Better Breathing’ keynote he delivered at the Royal Veterinary College for the inaugural HorseTech Conference)
- Dr. Caroline Benoist of Neue Schule and the NS Academy
- Dr. Graham Cross of Avansce
- Russell McKechnie-Guire of Centaur Biomechanics
- Lorna Cameron, BSc Equine Science Teaching Fellow
- David Doherty (producer of the HorseTech Conference) will be giving talk on the tech opportunity and inviting attendees to participate in the collaborative production of the HorseTech Market Report
The day will consist of research seminars presented in the morning, followed by lunch (included), and the afternoon will then be spent in Sparsholt Equine Centre with a biomechanics seminar and demonstration with Russell McKechnie-Guire.
The topics discussed will revolve around developments in the latest technology available to optimise the welfare and performance of performance horses in a range of disciplines from a physiological perspective.
For more details and to register please visit the event webpage (be quick as the full day ticket costs just £60 and there are only 130 available places). For further enquiries and group/student bookings contact Sparsholt Course Tutor Claire O’Brien (email Claire.email@example.com).
*** UPDATE: 16th February 2018 ***
Click here for more details about contributing to the HorseTech Market Report and if you have any questions on the talk please ask them on Twitter @Horse_Techie or email HorseTechConference@gmail.com.